Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Retro Loft Progress

One of my big RetroChallenge goals was to get my office organized after recently moving. However, I decided to just move everything to a storage loft in the house and add a workstation to get everything out of the way.

I spent last week working on a sketch of what it would look like and this past weekend doing some construction:

RetroLoft - Desk Area SketchUp
RetroLoft - SketchUp
RetroLoft  - Before
RetroLoft - Before
RetroLoft - In Progress
RetroLoft - During
RetroLoft - Desk Area

I installed a hand rail, moved the storage shelves over, installed a desk support, and more storage shelves. I used some old shelf standards I had on-hand and discovered that shelf standards are not 'standard'. The two sets had slots that were not quite aligned the same way. I still need to install the desk surface (an old interior slab door), then run a new power line, and set up some old computers. Its a little warm up there, but a large fan in the garage keeps the air moving now.

No comments:

Post a Comment