Friday, January 2, 2015

HAKKO, how have I lived without you?!

Repaired Solder Joints
MacMemory Address Decoder Board

My Hakko Soldering station arrived today, and although I had intended on waiting until this weekend to do more RetroChallenge labor, new tools make it hard to wait. Anyway, this thing is amazing. It melted the solder joints so fast, I couldn't believe it. I am used to using dollar store soldering pens - NEVER AGAIN!

My Mac liked it too! Video came back on boot.

In other news, I took a close look at the RAM expansion circuit that was added to my Macintosh to address the additional RAM. I think I can just connect riser Pin 1 and 2 to make it a 128K Macintosh again for testing.

Edit: Actually, I will remove the 47 Ohm resistor too, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment